Dr. Gnana Sanga Mithra. S.
Gnana Sanga Mithra S. holds a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Sociology, as well as a doctoral degree in Sociology with a specialization in Transgender Studies. Dr. Sanga Mithra is a dedicated researcher in the field of gender studies, with several published papers in Scopus (ID 57473599200) Indexed journals and active participation in numerous national and international conferences and seminars.
During her academic career, she has held various leadership roles such as PRO in the Loyola Students Union and President of the Anti-harassment Cell at Loyola College. She was also elected as a Students Representative during her postgraduate studies and was recognized with the Star Performer Award for her exceptional contribution to the institution.
Dr. Sanga Mithra’s significant research contributions have been recognized with various awards, including the Raman Research Cash Award by VIT, Chennai for the Best Research Paper published, and the Best Researcher award by University Putra Malaysia at Bodhi International Conference. Her outstanding leadership and service to the Transgender community led her to be recognized as a Situational Leader in the Educational sector.
She is also an external resource person for various colleges and NGOs, and has been appointed to the editorial board of the International Journal of Law and Society. Her research interests lie in essentials of sociology, sociological theory, and gender studies. Dr. Sanga Mithra is a valuable asset to the academic community, and her research and leadership have been recognized on numerous occasions.
- B.A (Sociology)
- M.A (Sociology)
Gender studies, Transgender studies.
Area of Interest
- Research interest in the area of gender and transgender studies.
- Worked in UNICEF and ICMR(NIRT) projects and associated with SMILE foundation NGO as a resource person.
- Subject Specialization in Research Methods, Sociology of Law, Essentials of sociology, and Sociological thoughts.
3.5 years of teaching experience and worked on UNICEF, and ICMR (NIRT) projects.
- A Sociology graduate from M.O.P Vaishnav College for Women and a postgraduate in Sociology from Loyola College, Chennai. Qualified UGC-NET and currently pursuing a Ph.D. degree at Vellore Institute of Technology, Chennai.
Raman Research Cash Award for best publication.
Scopus ID: 57473599200
- Overall girls’ sports championship award during the year 2007
- Outstanding Performer award by Rotary Club of Pollachi for three consecutive years (2008,2009,2010).
- School topper award for securing the first rank at 10th grade.
- Raman Research Cash award for best research publication.
- Star Performer award by Department of Sociology, Loyola College.