Full-Time Regular Programme
Five years (Hons.)
- Five Years B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) Degree Programme
- Five Years B.Com., LL.B. (Hons.) Degree Programme
Five Years B.B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) Degree Programme
The Law Programme is designed with the overarching objective of cultivating competent legal professionals equipped to navigate the diverse facets of the legal profession and associated career pathways. Upon successful completion, our graduates will possess a comprehensive skill set encompassing effective verbal and written communication, critical thinking, analytical prowess, logical reasoning, and adept problem-solving abilities. They will have acquired a robust foundation across all studied courses, demonstrating proficiency in conducting high-quality legal research and the preparation, examination, evaluation, and execution of legal documents. Furthermore, graduates will exhibit a profound understanding of contemporary social issues, engaging with them in a creative and solution-oriented manner. This holistic approach extends to instilling a sense of social responsibility, encouraging active participation in civic duties, and fostering a commitment to ongoing self-reflection and lifelong learning.
Program Duration and Structure: LL.B. (Hons.) Programmes
- 5-Year LL.B. (Hons.) Programme: 10 semesters
- Each year comprises two semesters, with the odd semester starting in August and the even semester commencing in January annually.
5-Year Integrated B.A./B.Com./B.B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) Programmes (Minimum of 52 Courses):
- 12 Undergraduate Courses from Respective Bachelor’s Stream
- 24 Law Core and Compulsory Courses
- 5 Clinical Courses
- 10 Electives (including 8 honors papers)
- 2 English Language Courses
- Mandatory Internships and Professional Skill Labs
Credit Structure and Minimum Requirements:
5-Year B.A. LL.B. (Hons.), B.B.A .LL.B. (Hons.), and B.Com LL.B. (Hons.):
- Law (BCI Core and Compulsories): 96 credits
- Electives (including non-taught credits): 40 credits
- Compulsories (Humanities and Social Sciences/Business Administration/Commerce Disciplines): 48 credits
- Clinical Courses (20) and Internships (10): 30 credits
- English: 8 credits
- Labs: 8 credits
- Total: 230 credits
Compulsory Pre-Law Courses (Common for Integrated Programmes):
- Political Science I: Introduction to Fundamentals
- Foundations of Research (split into two 2-credit courses)
- Sociology I: Essentials of Sociology
- Exploring India: Interdisciplinary Insights
- Economics I: Fundamentals of Economics
- Economics II: Law and Economics
- Legal and Constitutional History
- History of Ideas
- Organizational Behaviour
- Numerical Thinking and Accounting for Lawyers
- Additional Compulsory Courses for Core Undergraduate Pre-Law Offering:
Designed for B.A., B.B.A., or B.Com., focusing on humanities and social sciences, business studies and administration, and auditing and accounts.
The structured curriculum and credit-based system adopted by Vinayaka Mission’s Law School offer several advantages to students pursuing the LL.B. (Hons.) Programmes. The well-defined program duration of either five or three years ensures a comprehensive and immersive learning experience. By incorporating a diverse range of courses, including law core, clinical, and elective options, students acquire a holistic understanding of legal principles and practices. The credit-based approach allows flexibility, enabling students to tailor their academic journey by choosing specialized electives and honors papers, fostering a personalized and in-depth exploration of their interests. Moreover, mandatory internships and professional skill labs provide hands-on, real-world exposure, enhancing practical skills crucial for success in the legal profession. The inclusion of compulsory pre-law courses for integrated programs ensures a well-rounded education by incorporating foundational knowledge in humanities, social sciences, and business administration. In essence, this structured system equips students with a robust foundation, practical skills, and a versatile skill set, preparing them comprehensively for the challenges and opportunities in the legal landscape.
Furthermore, the credit-based system at Vinayaka Mission’s Law School not only imparts a strong foundation in legal education but also facilitates interdisciplinary pursuits. This flexible structure empowers students to explore diverse fields alongside law, providing a unique opportunity for specialization. For those inclined towards sports, the curriculum accommodates future endeavors in sports law. Similarly, students with an interest in philosophy and politics can delve into courses like Legal Philosophy and Jurisprudence. This adaptability ensures that aspiring legal professionals not only become well-versed in core legal principles but also have the freedom to tailor their education to align with their passions and career aspirations. The integration of various electives and honors papers allows students to carve a niche in specific areas of law, fostering a dynamic and versatile skill set that prepares them for a multitude of professional opportunities. In essence, the system not only produces competent lawyers but nurtures well-rounded individuals capable of contributing meaningfully to a variety of sectors.